First Week Back

Ciao a tutti and welcome back!

Today I want to recap my first week back in Florence, including two amazing and fun trips my classmates and I took over the past few days—the first to Fiesole and the second to Venice!

On Tuesday, led by our amazing Florence Program Director, Lucia, we took a 25-minute bus ride to Fiesole, Italy. The weather was perfect and the view was just as great—even if there was some smog—and we could see all of Florence!

View of Florence from Fiesole

While in Fiesole, we saw the San Francesco Convent and the Fiesole Cathedral before stopping for lunch at a small but popular restaurant called Vivandro Vino e Desco Molle. There, I had an amazing pasta dish of spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and mozzarella.

Although our trip to Fiesole was definitely fun, my favorite trip so far has been to Venice!

The day after Fiesole, we arrived in Venice around noon to unfortunately very foggy weather. Although it was hard to see past a certain point through the fog, the city was still beautiful and we had so much just walking around for the first few hours throughout the small streets and over canals.

Then we walked to the Basilica di San Marco, one of Venice’s most well-known and historic tourist spots. At the time, the fog was still thick enough that we couldn’t see the basilica very well, but after a tour of the Human Safety Net museum—a global network movement focused on helping others—and a quick lunch at a small pizza restaurant, the sun finally came out and we were able to fully see the Basilica di San Marco.

At the Human Safety Net Museum
Basilica di San Marco

Unfortunately, by then it was time for us to start heading back to the train station, but with the sun finally out, our last look at Venice was amazing.

And with that, I hope you enjoyed this latest blog and I look forward to telling you more about all of my adventures during this semester!

A presto!

Vinnie